FORUMS: list search recent posts

breeze blowing shirt on clothes line

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Capehart
breeze blowing shirt on clothes line
on Nov 7, 2009 at 10:52:29 pm

I need to animate a shirt hanging on a clothes line. I have the background as one image. The clothe line as another image. And the shirt with clothes pins as another image. I want the shirt to look as if a breeze is gently blowing the shirt on the line. Any help will do. Thanks, Skooter

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: breeze blowing shirt on clothes line
on Nov 9, 2009 at 4:09:10 pm

Can't be done realistically in Motion so what's your tolerance for stylization?

bogiesan

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Nov 9, 2009 at 4:29:03 pm

You can actualy do this very well in motion providing you have Boris FX 6 set of plugins.If your budget does not streach that far then you need to look at some other programme to do this. Maybe Maya and using dynamics, or any other 3d program that has option to use cloth and dynamisc at the same time.

Return to posts index

Michael Capehart
on Nov 9, 2009 at 5:59:22 pm

I've installed the Boris trial effect. Which one would I use to create the windy effect on the clothes on the line? Don't know the Boris line.

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Nov 10, 2009 at 4:09:42 pm

The Boris trial isn't going to help you much unless you're willing to cough up the cash for the full version. That's $400 to $2,000, depending on product decision, for just one effect that would be easier to shoot live and then modify to look like it was an effect.
To learn Boris, you read the manuals and start pushing buttons at random. The distortion filters are probably where you'd start. There is a Boris forum here on the Cow and their generally friendly user groups offer good information.
See also pigsfly and toolfarm for Boris information and help.

toolfarm.com
http://www.pigsfly.com

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Michael Capehart
on Nov 10, 2009 at 5:30:27 pm

Thanks for all your help. Looks like I need to work this out in another application. Thanks again for giving me solid answers to my question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]