FORUMS: list search recent posts

An oversight by me - video clips jerky in my Motion 3 Curves template

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter dunphy
An oversight by me - video clips jerky in my Motion 3 Curves template
on Nov 7, 2009 at 3:06:02 pm

Hi Guys

The answer to the following is probably so obvious it's staring me in the face - so sorry in advance for any stupidity from me!

Any thoughts or feedback would be really really really appreciated.

I have created a Motion 3 title sequence. Short musical video clips in standard Curves Motion Template become jerky upon being burned to DVD and watched on a standard television set.

in Motion 3 I scaled up the Curves template to be 1920 width and 1080 height, and scaled the template elements such as particle curves bigger to fit the new height and width.

I shot a video with a Canon XHA1 PAL 50i video camera and have converted this to Pro Res 422 1440 x 1080 and edited with Pro Res 422 1440 x 1080 in my timeline.

Upon importing my Quicktime ProRes 422 Motion 3 file into my FCP timeline, it looks totally perfect, no jerkiness in the Motion-video-clips at all.

Exporting from FCP with Current Settings causes my rapid-edited sports sequences (no Motion effects applied, just quick FCP edits) to somehow become very blurred and jagged when I watch the burned DVD back on a normal television set.

For clarity - the rapid-edited sports sequences are entirely separate from the Motion musical title sequence. The sports bits occur much later in the timeline.

I have exported my entire sequence (including the Motion 3 title sequence) as Pro Res 422 1440 x 1080 50i rather than choose 'Current Settings' (because of the jerkiness during the fast edited sports bits).

However, the Motion 3 Curves title sequence video clips become jerky upon watching the DVD on a normal TV.

In my FCP timeline the Curves Motion title sequence shows as 1920 * 1080.

Here are the export-from-Motion settings I used to create my Pro Res 422 1920 * 1080 file of my Motion-title-sequence:

Rendering: BEST

Lighting: ON

Field Rendering: ON

Frame blending: ON

Motion Blur: OFF

-----

1. What settings do you think I should change to get my Motion Curves video to play smoothly once on DVD?

2. What on earth could be causing only my fast edited sports sequences to become very blurry when I export from FCP to a Quicktime file using 'Current Settings'?

Any thoughts or tips nomatter how brief will be gratefully received.

Warm regards

Peter

Peter Dunphy

2 x 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 4870, ATTO ExpressSAS R380, Sonnet D800 Raid 5

Return to posts index

peter dunphy
Re: An oversight by me - video clips jerky in my Motion 3 Curves template
on Nov 7, 2009 at 7:43:37 pm

Think I've figured it - I didn't have the HD 1140 * 1080 selected in my project properties and had the wrong field order selected also! Duh! :o)

Peter Dunphy

2 x 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 4870, ATTO ExpressSAS R380, Sonnet D800 Raid 5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]