FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion/Audio/Final Cut Timeline

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Anderson
Motion/Audio/Final Cut Timeline
on Nov 5, 2009 at 7:53:47 pm

Working on a long Motion/Final Cut project for the first time. Started off with a ten minute long screen recording of my narrator recording a keynote presentation. Brought that video into Final Cut and have been sending chunk after chunk into Motion to create the actual graphics, all of which are heavily matched up to the sound.

Now, (of course!) the narrator wants to rerecord almost all of his dialog. In tests, if I place a new audio in the Final Cut timeline (along with the Motion clips), there's no way for me to tell the Motion file to use the updated audio - if I link the Motion clip and new audio in the Timeline, then edit the Motion clip in Motion, it still references the original audio. Is there a simple way I can tell Motion to use the updated audio instead, or (what I fear is the case) am I stuck with having to manually dump each edit audio clip directly back into the individual motion file? Because my video is heavily audio-timed, I need to have the audio in the Motion file.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion/Audio/Final Cut Timeline
on Nov 5, 2009 at 8:02:09 pm

You can export out the Motion project in what ever codac you are working with, that will let you export out the Audio with the Video. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out the Graphics Demo Reel I did.

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Chris Anderson
on Nov 5, 2009 at 8:10:54 pm

Thanks for the reply - that sort of helps, but isn't quite what I'm after. Because I have about 20 motion files, all of which were created by sending the clip from final cut, all of these motion files still have the original audio. What I want to be able to do is re-edit the new audio in the Final Cut timeline, but then have all of the Motion files update to contain the new audio. Sort of as if I was sending those motion clips with the new audio from the FC timeline to Motion again, but retain all of the motion graphics and adding the new audio.

I'm not sure that this is possible, but would definitely save me a ton of time in this current project if I can figure it out!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 5, 2009 at 8:18:58 pm

You could re-edit the audio in FCP and then select it. Send it to a new Motion Project file and then drag that audio from that Motion timeline to the original Motion project timeline.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out the Graphics Demo Reel I did.

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]