FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Export issues.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Ivey
Motion Export issues.
on Nov 2, 2009 at 5:31:06 pm

I posted this on the Apple forums and I am not getting far. I found a way around this, but I still would like to know how to fix it.

1) I created a GFX package that was about 1:30 long, and the project was completed using the DV-NTSC settings.
2) I edited about 10 sec of video for that package in FCP.
3) The video was shot DV_NTSC
4) I edited the video to a voice over and music that was about 1:30.
5) I cut the 10 sec of video in a specific spot in the VO.
6) I exported the VO and music from FCP to a 48khz 16bit aif file
7) I placed the video and aif file in Motion.
8) The audio was placed in the audio bin in Motion
9) The video was placed in its own bin, and moved to the correct place on the time line where it matched the audio.
10) When the GFX were complete, I attempted to export from Motion the 1:30 video using the animation settings, making sure all options were checked including video audio within the play range.
11) It would not export with audio at all, and at least 50% of the time, would not export all the way.
12) I decided to drop the Motion project into the time line in FCP, knowing that even though it would not carry the audio with it, I had the audio on the time line.
13) FCP would not render the motion file, and crashed every time I would try to do so.
14) I decided to export the video from motion without the audio using the animation settings during export. The same settings as before.
15) Worked great last week, until the day I posted.
16) I had some changes to make, so I did the exact same thing, but it would not export all the way. Sometimes, it gave me an orange screen on the preview, and on export. The rest of the time it would crash or fail to export.
17) One solution was to not export as animation, but rather to use the DV-NTSC since the FCP time line was using that codec. I found earlier that if I did so that I would get wavy lines around any edges in the video.
18) I posted two examples of the lines.
19) Someone else suggested I use another codec, which I will try today.
20) I still do not understand why FCP would crash when rendering this project, why Motion would crash when exporting, or why the orange would show up on other machines. I am going to go through the media again to make sure nothing is corrupted but it was fine early last week.

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Motion Export issues.
on Nov 2, 2009 at 10:23:29 pm

Not a clue.
when faced with weird stuff like this, I try to take it down to the very basics, turning off everything but one layer or one effect at a time. Adding one effect or one more layer each render cycle. Set in and out points for the first 50% and then for the second 50%. It's a long and painful process but it can really be illuminating if you find your cause. Otherwise, it's a waste of time.

Usually easier to start from scratch. Only add one item at a time and test the render each time.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Nov 2, 2009 at 10:26:35 pm

Yeup if you are getting the big orange block or chequerboard appearing then something is up with your media.

It has happened to me, a file gets corrupted, Photoshop files get saved in the wrong format or just me being dumb and forgetting to hit save on something.

Try duplicating your project and then remove half the different media in each. See which one crashes. Then do the same again with the crashed project (OK, 2 and 3 files) etc

Just one thought, have both your machines got the same graphics card?

HTH

Peter

Return to posts index

Brandon Ivey
on Nov 2, 2009 at 10:30:55 pm

No, the I think the other one has a better one. It is a new Mac Pro, mine is about a year old. The orange would come up sporadically, from the beginning. It hasn't come up since last week. I removed the clip motion would stop on and started the export and it stopped where the clip was, but the clip was removed. Then it froze. The file it exported still had no audio, even though I have audio in the project. I even replaced the audio with a video with audio and it wont export. All the files work fine in Motion and FCP, and they are all jpgs in RGB.

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Nov 3, 2009 at 3:16:20 pm

[Brandon Ivey] "No, the I think the other one has a better one. It is a new Mac Pro, mine is about a year old. "

Hardware is irrelevant in this case. Your issues are all based on media integrity.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]