FORUMS: list search recent posts

where's the left hand side?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Roberts
where's the left hand side?
on Nov 1, 2009 at 11:04:00 pm

I just tried to open Motion (3), and it keeps opening with no panels on the left clicking on library, file browser, etc does nothing. There's been no way to get them back. It also just sits there after clicking "new project" on the startup screen, and even opening existing projects doesn't wake up the missing panels.
What did I do?

Final Cut Studio isn't very "reinstall friendly" since it's a suite. I REALLY don't want to have to resort to a complete reinstall of the whole thing. I'm never sure if I need to remove it all first, and if so how deep the roots go. And you can't just do the problem application, since it loads as a suite.

Has anyone experienced this and is there an easier way to fix it? I don't even know what could have caused it. It was fine the other day, and I haven't done anything unusual. It just suddenly opened "broken". This crap drives me nuts...

Return to posts index

James Roberts
Re: where's the left hand side?
on Nov 1, 2009 at 11:15:43 pm

Oops. I was just reminded to try trashing the plist for Motion by looking at another post, and it seemed to work. At least it opened normally after.

Kind of went into panic mode there, but I've already reinstalled the whole Final Cut suite once, and it's a lengthy session of sitting there waiting for progress bars and swapping discs for about 2 hours. Not what I was in the mood for.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]