FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion- Changing where templates stored

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Jordan
Motion- Changing where templates stored
on Oct 22, 2009 at 2:33:08 pm

We're running FCS3 and Leopard on 5 edit suites. I installed Motion on all 5 with the Motion media saved on a common server that all the rooms see. Previously, when I created a new master template in one room and saved it, all the rooms would see it through the server. However, I just created a new folder with new master templates, and the new templates are not appearing on the server. I've quadruple checked the path settings in the preference pane of the machine creating the template, and it's pointed to the correct folder. Both Motion and FCP in the creating edit bay see the new master templates. However, when you check the folder with the finder, the new folder and templates are not there.

Does anyone know where I should look? Where does Motion save new templates if it's not following the Templates path in the preferences pane? Do I need to reinstall Motion?

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Motion- Changing where templates stored
on Oct 22, 2009 at 2:53:29 pm

[Mitch Jordan] "Does anyone know where I should look? Where does Motion save new templates if it's not following the Templates path in the preferences pane? Do I need to reinstall Motion?"

My first response to server questions is always. "Wake up the server gnome and make him fix the server!"

I can tell you with 99% certainty reinstalling Motion is a waste of time.

My custom templates went where I wanted them to go, just tried it. Library>Application support>Final cut Studio>Motion>Templates (in my case)>New Theme. Motion built the preview animation and everything is there. But there are no other templates there. I'm wondering, "Where did Motion put the real templates?"

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
on Oct 22, 2009 at 3:12:40 pm

I like the idea of the server gnome. I think ours is on frequent smoke breaks. I'm confused because my Motion program is saving the templates somewhere. I can open them in both Motion and FCP Master Templates. Yet, if I search the volumes or use spotlight, I can't find them anywhere. It's saving them in a very mysterious spot.

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Oct 23, 2009 at 5:27:21 pm

Can you determine the file extension? Instead of using Spotlight, try the Find function specifically looking for that file type, maybe creator. If you save a template you can also search immeditaely for file creation date.

Sorry not to be able to offer you a direct solution. Please let us know if you find your lost templates. I'm pretty sure it's going to be something simple.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
on Oct 23, 2009 at 10:15:19 pm

Thanks for your help. I've tried looking every which way for the missing templates, but no luck. I'm very confused. I think we'll be upgrading to FCS3 next week, so I'll just repoint the programs to the proper folders while upgrading. I'll see if that solves my problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]