FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to import 150 pics for slideshow?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
Best way to import 150 pics for slideshow?
on Oct 21, 2009 at 2:02:15 am

Is there an easier way of importing 150 pics into Motion instead importing each pic one by one? I am about to start a project where i need to make a slide show with 150 pictures. Can I import from iPhoto?

I tried one guys idea about creating a folder, put all my pics in it, go to Quicktime Pro and created an Image Sequence, made sure the pics were numbered sequentially, selected 4 frames per second as the frame rate, then saved the file. I then imported that file into motion and I could only see the first picture in the sequence! It wouldn't let me see none of the other pics. I am not quite sure I know what is the best way to accomplish this being as though I have so many pics to work with.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance!

Also what are some good settings beside motion blur that will get rid of any kind of noise or artifacts when i apply behaviors to the pictures and have them move around in 3D space?

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Best way to import 150 pics for slideshow?
on Oct 21, 2009 at 3:16:14 pm

I always answer similar inquiries with a question: Why are you using Motion for a slide show?
If you need the advanced function of the application, you work within the limitations of the application and within the limits of your comprehension of the application.

Start with 10 or 20 still images properly formatted for Motion's output. Learn how to perform your moves and effects and to perfect your output rendering and display; end results you do not describe in your post. Your artifacts may be someone else's cool style. Motion blur, proper field settings, aspect ratios, frame rate and color space must all be considered unless you're going straight to DVD in which case everything is pretty much pre-determined.

I would approach a project that requires 150 still images by dividing the project up into manageable reels of, say, 30-50 images that can quickly be linked together seamlessly with dissolves or cuts in FCP. that's much easier to design and edit than a single massive project.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Mikey Bouchereau
on Oct 24, 2009 at 3:19:16 pm

Every once in a while I will use motion to make a fly through slideshow. Where at the pictures are spaced out in 3D space and I use the camera to fly through all the photos. You can do this by making a quicktime movie out of your still images. Just make sure that the movie is playing each photo for 1 frame each. You do that by making sure that you turn off Play Frames in the emitter tab. You also want to make sure your random start frame is turned on. Also so you dont get any repeated images turn your birth rate to 0 and your initial number to the number of photos you have. And then make the life of the particles length of the project so they dont turn off. Kind of like this but more camera moves to show off each photo. If you have questions I may post an example.

http://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e/ae50_e.html

Mikey B!

Follow Me On Twitter!

Return to posts index

Chuck Purnell
on Oct 25, 2009 at 10:26:13 pm

Mike,

Do you create the quicktime movie of your images with QT PRO then import that movie file into Motion and then follow the directions you listed? If you use QT PRO are you using the still image sequence option or something like that? Those links you posted were for after effects unless you were saying I can create the same thing in Motion. I have since finished the Motion part of my slideshow but I would like to try your idea at some point so I will know how to do it next time around!

Thanks

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]