FORUMS: list search recent posts

easiest way to add a glow to a moving object in Apple Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Thorne
easiest way to add a glow to a moving object in Apple Motion
on Oct 18, 2009 at 1:57:43 am

I am using Motion 3.0.2 and need to add a subtle glow to a moving person in several scenes - the only way I have figured it out so far is to cut out the person and move him up to the top layer, then place a duplicate of the cut out below him and add glow to that -- but I've not been able to figure out how to add an outer glow to a masked layer - it doesn't show. I can when I use a green screen (I use DVGarage's DVMatte Blast for that) but not when I create the mask.

If I could create a path around the person and animate that with them, and somehow add a glow to the outside of that path, that might work....is this possible?

Is there an "easy" workaround? I have many of these to do and need to get it done the most time-effective way, whilst still giving a good effect.

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: easiest way to add a glow to a moving object in Apple Motion
on Oct 20, 2009 at 1:29:29 am

[Kevin Thorne] "If I could create a path around the person and animate that with them, and somehow add a glow to the outside of that path, that might work....is this possible? "

That's certainly possible using the Shape tools and animating the spline. You could also rotoscope a color solid over the person, and drop the opacity down very low. Either way, it's a lot of hand work to rotoscope the effect. I hope the shots are short!

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]