FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange Disappearances in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Horner
Strange Disappearances in Motion
on Oct 17, 2009 at 6:12:54 pm

Hi,

I have a strange issue with things disappearing while doing a round trip edit to Motion. I set up my space as usual in FCP with either a slug or Text slug in the timeline. I use "send to motion" to get my title sequence going and I do the edit. It works out fine for a while. Then at the last minute after I've done a little change, I'll save it, go back to FCP, render it out and then all of a sudden, letters start to disappear from parts of the titles as it plays back. Then the all the letters will disappear after trying to go back and forth between Motion and FCP, trying to fix it.

It's a pretty simple edit in Motion too. I have only three groups. two text layers in each group and I use the 3D camera and i'm basically just moving around the titles for only about 6 1/2 seconds.

I did manage to fix it by going in and setting up a new title space in FCP, sending to Motion, saving it under a new name, then going into motion and doing a "save as" for the original title sequence as the new name. This seemed to fix it. But wow what a cluster huh?

Any ideas as to why that might happen?

I have a new Mac Pro 8 core only one week old with 12 GB of Memory and a ATI Radeon HD 4870.

Thanks for your help

Ryan Horner

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]