FORUMS: list search recent posts

text behavoiurs not in menu

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Oaten
text behavoiurs not in menu
on Oct 15, 2009 at 3:25:58 pm

Hi,

I just recently installed the new FCS. I did a complete install, with all the content and templates placed on my external drive.

My problem is this: The text behaviors in motion (which I have used many times in the preceding version of FCS) are not appearing in the Add behavior drop down menu. I have checked the content library that motion is pointing too in the finder, and I can see the behaviors sitting there, but they're just not appearing within the application!

I have had a quick google, and searched the forums here, but it doesn't seem to be a common occurrence...

Anyone else had this problem?

Am I going to need to re-install FCS, and see if that works? Or am I just being stupid... (it's been one of those weeks, today I accidentally tried to walk UP a DOWN escalator at London Bridge station.....very embarrassing.)

Thanks,

Matt Oaten

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: text behavoiurs not in menu
on Oct 15, 2009 at 3:52:33 pm

Matt,
With the redesigned sequence text behavior some of the Motion 3 Text Behaviors are not in Motion 4. I have a computer with version 3 and a computer with version 4. If you give me the name of the behavior and can tell you for sure that it is no longer in version 4. But my guess is that you where using one of the ones that have been replaced. Sorry for the bad news.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out the Graphics Demo Reel I did.

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Matt Oaten
on Oct 16, 2009 at 8:15:55 am

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It's not just a particular behavior that is missing, it's all of them! See screen grab below of my 'Add behavior' menu:

Thanks,

Matt

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 16, 2009 at 2:56:57 pm

I see what you are saying. Motion 4 should not look like that. Take a look at this article.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1885

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out the Graphics Demo Reel I did.

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]