FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Doc Previews

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Eccleston
Motion Doc Previews
on Oct 14, 2009 at 2:11:18 am

When I upgraded to Leopard awhile back, the Finder started previewing Motion documents when in Column view. This was really annoying, as each time I selected a Motion project, I'd get a spinning beach ball for quite awhile while Finder figured out what the preview was. Then, a few months ago, Motion projects stopped previewing, with the preview just being the document icon with the Motion logo on it. This was great. Don't know why it happened, it just did. Only stayed that way for a few months though, and now it's back to previewing again.

Is there a way to keep Motion docs from previewing?

Thanks much!

Will Eccleston
Kinetiscape Films

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Motion Doc Previews
on Oct 14, 2009 at 8:42:34 pm

Yeas, do not use the column view in the finder, use list view. That should resolve your problem.

Return to posts index

Will Eccleston
Re: Motion Doc Previews
on Oct 14, 2009 at 9:02:41 pm

Well, yeah, I know that. Thanks though. There were a few months there that for some reason Motion Docs weren't previewing in COLUMN view. I find column view to be the most useful to me most of the time. And yeah, I know I can turn up the triangle to hide previews. I just want the situation I had for a few months there: Column view, previews on, everything previews EXCEPT Motion Docs. Perfection.

Will Eccleston
Kinetiscape Films

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]