FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a credit roll graphic

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Gladstone
Creating a credit roll graphic
on Oct 13, 2009 at 4:07:00 am

I created a credit roll graphic in photoshop that was 720 by 1650 (It had text and some logos.) saved it as a .tga

I then imported into a Motion project which was set for 720 by 480.

I had to stretch out the .tha to get it the right size, it came in very small.

It all worked out, but I was expecting the .tga to come in 720 wide, and just have to move it.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks

Steven Gladstone
http://www.gladstonefilms.com

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Creating a credit roll graphic
on Oct 14, 2009 at 10:55:45 pm

To clarify:
You created a Photoshop document and saved it in Targa format. You imported that file into Motion. It was used as layer to which you applied vertical motion so it was rendered as a credit roll.

It should have come in unaltered. Are you sure the media was distorted or was it just in the timeline? Motion will automatically scale stuff to fit the timeline unless you tel it not to.

Why did you save out of Photoshop as a Targa?

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Steven Gladstone
on Oct 14, 2009 at 11:39:38 pm

I didn't know if Motion could open a .PSD ( I also didn't want layers.)

The problem I ran into was that the graphic didn't open up as 720 wide. I suppose motion scaled it to make it fit vertically, but how can I import it so it wouldn't be scaled upon import.

Thanks

Steven Gladstone

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Oct 16, 2009 at 11:08:07 am

Motion can import PSD files and you can choose to import PSD files as layers, all PS layers as one layer in Motion, or any single layer among many layers in the PS document.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Steven Gladstone
on Oct 16, 2009 at 4:56:20 pm

OK, cool about using a PSD file, but how can I improt a graphic without it shrinking the width?

Thanks

Steven Gladstone

Return to posts index

Kevin Thorne
on Oct 18, 2009 at 2:31:48 am

I'm getting imported mov files coming in at the right height, but not the right width too -- I am having to expand them manually which is a pain and might mean problems later when I try to reimport them to the main movie.

the mov files are all 1280 x 720 and that's the size of my Motion project, but the mov files are coming in at approximately 960 x 720.

(motion 3.0.2)

what is the quality like for rolling credits this way? I usually create them in illustrator, convert to curves, import into flash to get the scrolling done, then export as a mov file. Time consuming, but great results.

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Oct 18, 2009 at 9:39:03 pm

Can often indicate your movies' pixel dimensions are based on interpolation of an anamorphic flag and not literal pixel space.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Oct 18, 2009 at 9:38:06 pm

[Steven Gladstone] "I didn't know if Motion could open a .PSD ( I also didn't want layers.) "

That would be MANUAL > IMPORTING.

or INDEX> PHOTOSHOP.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]