FORUMS: list search recent posts

Optical Flow Analysis Problem

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taylor Rosenbauer
Optical Flow Analysis Problem
on Oct 12, 2009 at 4:49:12 pm

Hi everyone!

I have a problem I'm experiencing in Motion 3 and I could really use your help considering that this project I'm working on is due in two days...completed.

I'm working with DVCProHD 720p60p footage. What I want to do is bring a portion of this footage into Motion 3 straight from Final Cut pro 6 and create a 50% optical flow slow motion. I select the clip on the timeline in FCP, select "Send to Motion Project", and Motion opens right up. I then choose 50% for the speed duration and then I choose Optical Flow as the frame blending options. I see the little icon at the bottom of the project indicating that optical flow is processing. I then click that symbol to see how many frames have been processed thus far. Unfortunately, it never proceeds past 1 frame. I've left this process going for hours, and it never gets passed one frame (out of 923). What could be the problem?

One test I did was I rendered the clip out using compressor straight from FCP using a .h264 codec and then imported that clip into Motion 3 and did the above steps. Once I began the optical flow processing, it went ahead and finished all the frames. It only stops at 1 frame when I go straight from FCP to Motion.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Taylor

Return to posts index

Taylor Rosenbauer
Re: Optical Flow Analysis Problem
on Oct 12, 2009 at 6:24:43 pm

Updated - I've had this optical flow processing all morning (about 6 hours) and I just checked...it's on frame 9 of 121 total frames. Estimated time - 138 hours, 37 minutes. Why in the world is this taking so long? It's only 121 frames!

Return to posts index

Stu Siegal
Re: Optical Flow Analysis Problem
on Oct 16, 2009 at 2:00:44 am

Just a guess - is this a subclip? I know in STP, sending a subclip used to result in stp analyzing the entire master clip, which if you've captured an hour's worth of material, caused the program to hang. Sounds like based on your test, it might be a similar issue. Exporting a QT ref, with handles, is a good workaround. If it's a slomo and you know the speed you want it to be, then you don't need the dynamic link anyway, right?

http://www.verite-media.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]