FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVI files

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hill
AVI files
on Oct 8, 2009 at 3:25:18 pm

I just realized it's because of the audio that came for the ride.

Thanks anyway.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: AVI files
on Oct 8, 2009 at 3:27:51 pm

Is this post here because you asked a question. Solved it and then changed the post?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out the Graphics Demo Reel I did.

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

John Hill
on Oct 8, 2009 at 3:33:39 pm

Stephen,

I solved it but since you're out there, I don't want to waste the opportunity. My question is: how best to work with two monitors and motion. I understand motion is a lot slower with two monitors because they both draw on the graphics card. But apparently having two graphics cards is not good either.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 8, 2009 at 4:13:48 pm

John,
Sorry, I'm not the best guy to ask this one. I have always worked with dual monitors and have never had a problem. To clarify, I like to have Motion in one monitor and other apps / e-mail in the other. I think getting big monitors really helps and they have really come down in price.

I think David Bogie has great insight on Graphics Cards and this type of question. Hopefully he will chime in. You may find this thread of help.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/170/863151#863204

Also, be sure to read this article: http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/smartin/story/getting_the_most_out_o...
Take a look at tip number 4.

Sorry for the squirmy answer.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out the Graphics Demo Reel I did.

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Oct 8, 2009 at 7:10:08 pm

[John Hill] "My question is: how best to work with two monitors and motion. I understand motion is a lot slower with two monitors because they both draw on the graphics card. But apparently having two graphics cards is not good either. "

Depends on several factors.
You can run Motion4 on any number of monitors as long as you've got the GPU horsepower. I don't hink you gain anything with more than two, though, the interface just gets too spread out, too hard to navigate your mouse form window to pane to canvas.

The previous version of FCP would not render many of Motion's FXPlug filters if you were using more than one card. It was very confusing. You could run FCP on two monitors but not from two separate cards. You could run Motion 3 on any number of cards/monitors. These issues have been corrected, sort of, with the new Final Cut Studio. I can run Motion and FCP on three monitors but other Apple applications, Aperture for instance, breaks.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]