FORUMS: list search recent posts

Faulty render

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duncan Ellison
Faulty render
on Oct 5, 2009 at 12:21:34 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling to get my current Motion project to give me a clean render. I get intermittent green lines flickering across the frame in different parts of the movie each time I render. I have attached a still image as an example.

I have tried trashing prefs, fixing permissions, trashing receipts and reinstalling Motion with software updates. If I import the Motion project into a FCP project or bring it in as a .mov the problem persists. I am using the Motion project preset DV PAL with pixel aspect ratio PAL D1/DV anamorphic.

OSX 10.5.8
Motion 3.0.2.
Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
5 GB DDR SDRAM
GeForce FX 5200
Firewire G-RAID 1TB

Have any of you seen this before? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Duncan.

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Faulty render
on Oct 5, 2009 at 2:54:17 pm

This is a tricky one. What is a codec you are using to render your movie. Also what is original movie codec you are using please before you are export it with motion.

Return to posts index

Duncan Ellison
on Oct 5, 2009 at 3:00:48 pm

Hi Zak,

The source images are all jpeg stills that I have animated using keyframes. The Motion project is DV PAL anamorphic. I export the final movie using DV PAL anamorphic quicktime.

Duncan.

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Oct 5, 2009 at 7:03:54 pm

can you check that your images are RGB not CMYK please. Can you send me the files please. see my profile or go to my site and email me from contact me page.

Return to posts index

Duncan Ellison
on Oct 6, 2009 at 8:25:56 am

All the files are RGB. I have contacted you via your website.

Thanks for looking into this for me, Zak.

Return to posts index

Duncan Ellison
on Oct 8, 2009 at 1:22:15 pm

Epilogue:

Zak and I have been communicating privately and he's come up with a solution so I'm just posting to let you know all know what it is.

The images forming the 'background' are stills that are animated in a FCP sequence. I exported that as a DVPAL quicktime movie to go in to Motion as my bottom layer. Zak suggested exporting as an animation quicktime movie instead and it worked. The Motion project and final Motion render remain DVPAL.

Thanks again to Zak.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]