FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Too large to render" error message

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Streeper
"Too large to render" error message
on Sep 29, 2009 at 9:59:20 pm

Hi!

I'm getting an error message that has me confused. I've got a 720p DVCPro clip in my project. Occasionally I'll get the error message that refers to this clip, saying, "This media is too large to render at full resolution, and will be shown at a lower quality. The maximum size is 4096x4096." But the clip is only 940x720. Not sure why I'm getting the error.

Also, in the past couple of days, Motion has been crashing pretty heavily with this project.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brent

Motion 4.0
OS 10.5.7
Dual 2.26 GHz Quad-Core
8 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: "Too large to render" error message
on Sep 29, 2009 at 10:00:48 pm

Check the project- there might be a still image somewhere in there that's too big. Not that it's a problem- it just won't preview at full size.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com
DSLR Cinematography Blog

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 29, 2009 at 10:09:00 pm

Yeah, the error message is nothing to worry about. However, Motion crashing heavily is. Check out this article, I think it will be of help:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1885

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out the Graphics Demo Reel I did.

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Brent Streeper
on Sep 29, 2009 at 10:14:36 pm

Thanks Stephen,
I'll definitely be reinstalling if it give me any grief today!
Brent

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 29, 2009 at 10:22:52 pm

Some one needs to make a program like Final Cut Pro rescue for Deleting user preferences in Motion. Deleting user preferences usually seems to do the trick. Also, even a really big shape can give you the error message that you got. Best of luck and I hope your system works great.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Stu Siegal
on Oct 7, 2009 at 12:17:15 am

Hey Steven,

Preference Manager backs up prefs for the entire suite. Great little app.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/pref_man.htm

http://www.verite-media.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 7, 2009 at 3:32:22 pm

Stu,
Wow, this looks very cool. Have you used it? Does it work? I'm asking because there is a disclaimer on the bottom that says, "Use of this software is at the sole risk of the end-user."

Can't see a price tag, is this free?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Stu Siegal
on Oct 7, 2009 at 6:14:28 pm

Hey Steven,

Yes, I do use it, switched over from FCP rescue about a year ago (I think FCP rescue is now extinct).

I think the disclaimer is just legal boilerplate, it works like a charm, has made my life easier a number of times. Lots of guys over in the FCP forum use it too.

And yes, it's 100% freeware - enjoy!

Stu

http://www.verite-media.com

Return to posts index

Brent Streeper
on Sep 29, 2009 at 10:12:45 pm

Thanks Noah,
Nothing bigger than 1280x720. It's actually a pretty simple project. Three clips and no stills.
So far, Motion hasn't crashed today, but yesterday it was crashing about every 15 minutes. Just wondering if the error message was somehow linked to the crashes.
Brent

Return to posts index

Mark Petereit
on Sep 30, 2009 at 1:28:19 am

Do you have any particle effects that expand beyond the frame? Or any "grow" actions on any elements? It could be that over time they're growing beyond the max render size. Remember, even if they expand off your frame, Motion is still computing the paths. I'll bet that's why it's crashing.

I'm not in front of my Motion system right now, but I think you can add some type of boundary effect that will tell Motion not to render past a set boundary.

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Sep 30, 2009 at 10:09:08 am

Yeas this is the reason it probably crashes. Select the group then go to inspector, then select group and press fixed resolution. This will make motion render only what is inside your canvas cutting out all extra staff you do not need. You also have a option to do this to 2d and 3d groups. I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]