FORUMS: list search recent posts

orbiting arrows effect in Motion 4

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Nelson
orbiting arrows effect in Motion 4
on Sep 21, 2009 at 5:47:04 pm

Greetings, all. I'm working up a spot that I think leverages some of the new capabilities in Motion 4. I'm picturing a path marked by arrows or chevron shapes that move forward orbiting a central axis, in a ring-like shape. The camera would also revolve around this same axis and follow this path as other elements move into camera view during that revolution. The arrows or chevrons would move straight through the elements on their way around the circle. (I'd also use the new rack-focus feature to highlight those as the camera moves through them) This orbit would be large enough to introduce 4 or 5 scenes and resolve on our client's logo and contact information.

What tools might I use to accomplish this effect? Would the new Concentric Shapes Generator in Motion 4 be able to accomplish the moving arrows or chevrons? What are your suggestions, if not?

Return to posts index

Bill Nelson
Re: orbiting arrows effect in Motion 4
on Sep 21, 2009 at 6:37:23 pm

...or perhaps the Replicator?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Sep 22, 2009 at 2:13:32 am

Build your arrow with the shape tool. Use the replicator to get many of them and also to arrange them in a circular orbit. Use a viewpoint camera and move it's anchor point to the center of the replicator's radius.

Andy

Return to posts index

Bill Nelson
on Sep 22, 2009 at 8:46:53 pm

thanks Andy. u rock

Return to posts index

Bill Nelson
on Sep 22, 2009 at 9:07:44 pm

sorry, as this may be better addressed in another post, but for some reason this morning the blacks the colors in my Motion app seem to be at about 15% or so, appearing much more milky. I only just upgraded to Motion 4.

Have I moved a setting somewhere? You're very kind...

Return to posts index

Bill Nelson
on Sep 26, 2009 at 11:14:59 pm

I changed my background setting to 'Environment' and the color to white. Made everything look different

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]