FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why don't Anamorphic templates translate correctly into FCP?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Burleson
Why don't Anamorphic templates translate correctly into FCP?
on Sep 21, 2009 at 4:44:32 pm

I set up a DV Anamorphic template in Motion. Checked all settings. They seem to be correct. I go to FCP into my Master templates and call up the same template and it is in 4:3 even though it was created anamorphic 16:9 and the sequence is anamorphic 16:9... I have to put in the timeline then double click to bring it into the browser then go to distort and zero out the 33.33 aspect ratio and then it is the way it should be. Shouldn't the templates of like kind be automatically recognized if the the sequence is already in the correct format?
What am I missing here on the template creation? Or is it a bug in FCP 6?
is this fixed in FCP 7?

Return to posts index

Mikey Bouchereau
Re: Why don't Anamorphic templates translate correctly into FCP?
on Sep 27, 2009 at 5:42:36 pm

Hey Randy,

A trick that I do when I need to create Anamorphic templates is, to open it from the master templates and load it in the viewer, the drag it from the viewer to your project in your browser, when in your browser make sure you are in list view and look for the column called anamorphic and add a check to your template now when you double click on the file it will be anamorphic.

Hope that Helps

Mikey B!

Follow Me On Twitter!

Return to posts index

Randy Burleson
Re: Why don't Anamorphic templates translate correctly into FCP?
on Sep 29, 2009 at 8:24:11 pm

I was hoping I was doing something wrong.... So your telling me that there is no way that an anamorphic template will just automatically be correct when editing directly into an anamorphic sequence?
Does anyone know if this fixed in FCP 7 or in Motion 4? or do we still have to do the workaround?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]