FORUMS: list search recent posts

Allocating an image as the reverse side of another?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Higginson
Allocating an image as the reverse side of another?
on Sep 21, 2009 at 4:37:37 am

Is there any way of allocating an image as the reverse side of another? I'm trying to animate a brochure opening and using pdf files as the pages. When I "turn" each page you can see the reversed image of that page. I'm wondering if there is any way of allocating a different image as the reverse side of another? I swear I have seen someone do this before but i can't seem to find a way other than animating each layer separately. Even when I do this I still have the problem of which layer is on top of the other.

I'm fairly new to motion sorry and i am trying to learn it myself. Sorry if these seem like simple questions.

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Allocating an image as the reverse side of another?
on Sep 22, 2009 at 6:38:21 am

yeas you have. Motion 2 had a filter called I think 3d. this is not available any more. You can do this by positioning two layers in the same place then offset one of them in the z space by 1 pixel also apply flop filter (this will rotate your image in the correct direction). then create a camera, select a group (both layers should be in the same group)
rotate it. This should do the trick. Let me know can you recreate this.

Return to posts index

Grant Higginson
Re: Allocating an image as the reverse side of another?
on Sep 22, 2009 at 1:19:15 pm

Hi Zak,
Thanks for your response. I found out since posting that this was from an older version of motion. I'm sure your method would work fine.

What I ended up doing was grouping the layers and animating them in the 3d space. I was initially having trouble with the layer being on top of the other as it turned so I couldn't see the "page" on the opposite side. I ended up just turning off the cover layer at the frame where it would be behind the other page (I hope that makes sense). There is probably a simpler way like the one you explained. I haven't done anything with cameras in motion yet though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]