FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where is my "Text - 3D Move" Behavior?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sonny Malone
Where is my "Text - 3D Move" Behavior?
on Sep 12, 2009 at 1:14:47 pm

I am watching a training DVD which wants me to select "Text 3D - Move" under Behaviors and Text Sequence. I don't have that Behavior. Just Text-basic, text-fade and so on. I think I am missing some 3D text behaviors under Text Animation too.

I just did a clean install of Snow Leopard and FCS 3. Also, I didn't have those behaviors in FCS 2 either.

Are these behaviors a separate install?

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Where is my "Text - 3D Move" Behavior?
on Sep 12, 2009 at 9:52:42 pm

What are you watching, which tutorial please. I have not seen such behavior. You need to be more specific before we can help you.
tell me what is the tutorial you are watching, if it is on the net give me the link please.

Return to posts index

Sonny Malone
on Sep 13, 2009 at 11:05:24 am

I kind of messed up describing my problem before. I am missing the "Text - 3D Move" folder containing many 3D behaviors located under Text Sequence. I only have

Text - Basic
Text - Fade
Text - Glow
Text - Misc
Text - Move
Text - Zoom

The tutorial is from Ripple Training called "Deep Dive" Lesson 7. It is not a free tutorial so I don't have a link to the video, but below is a link to a snapshot taken from the tutorial showing the folder I don't have installed.

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s240/sonpit/?action=view¤t=3Dtext....

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Sep 13, 2009 at 11:30:51 am

I seem to be missing the same 3d text folder.
Which version of Motion are you running currently. 3 or 4

I know of Ripple Training called "Deep Dive" Lesson 7. Mark Spencer was running App,e Motion 3 at the time. I have currently installed motion 4,so maybe apple made changes to apple motion 4 and the 3D text was merged with another text sequence behavior. Difficult to say I need more info from you.i.e. version of motion.

My suggestion is to reinstall the Apple Motion content DVD. Then look for the same folder. If this does not work let me know.

Return to posts index

Sonny Malone
on Sep 13, 2009 at 11:53:54 am

Thanks Zak. When do you sleep?

Yes, the tutorial is Motion 3 and I am using Motion 4. I could have sworn I was missing them with Motion 3, but can't be sure. Maybe someone with Motion 3 can confirm that they are there? I will let you know if I find out anything.

There are 17 behaviors in that folder. I can't imagine they (Apple) would remove them.

Return to posts index

Sonny Malone
on Sep 13, 2009 at 12:06:59 pm

Just so some aren't confused by my earlier post (it's too early for me).

Please disregard the folders that I listed I had with my Motion 4. I simply copied them from the tutorial (Motion 3) thinking they were the same.

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Sep 13, 2009 at 8:28:40 am

You can use text sequence behavior to animate any parameter within a given text. To do this select the text layer and apply text text sequence behavior. Then you can animated position parameter of Z space. You can use from or to option which means: If it is from then letters will fly from a position you set it out to be in (z or x or y)space to your final position. See this link for more details:http://www.pixelcorps.tv/macbreak then subscribe to podcast and watch podcast stupid card trick, particularly watch the part when Mark demonstrates sequence replicator which is essentially text sequence behavior. The technique of animating the text will be the same. I hope this helps..

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Sep 13, 2009 at 11:50:50 am

It is very possible that the folder does not exist any more. Please read what I found about new text Sequence behavior in Apple Motion 4:::::

New preset Text Sequence behaviors

Save time by choosing one of 149 new preset Text Sequence behaviors, which feature a wide variety of playful or dramatic effects, such as Scramble In or Shimmer Out, for animating text onto or off the screen. Highlight effects include Scale Through, which makes the text look as if a magnifying glass is being passed over each letter in turn. You can use any preset as is or modify its parameters to get just the effect you want.

Return to posts index

Sonny Malone
on Sep 13, 2009 at 11:56:05 am

Thanks Zak. Maybe they did remove them. Thanks again, Sonny

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Sep 13, 2009 at 4:44:41 pm

Well I really think the case is that Apple decided to move them into another group. As Apple did a complete rethink of Sequence Text behavior I think they simply redesign them and possibly renamed. I think they have around 150 different text behaviors currently. So you are really spoiled for choice.

Return to posts index

Mikey Bouchereau
on Sep 16, 2009 at 12:21:43 pm

Zak I am positive that Apple has changed the way they organized the text behaviors in motion 3 to motion 4. In fact there also appears to be missing text behaviors from motion 3 to motion 4. If my memory is correct I think Mark used the Around In text behavior which was the big one that Apple touted as showing 3D text animation in motion 3. But with Motion 4's updated Text tool (being able to edit each character) I think a lot of these behaviors became broken and replaced with new or similar behaviors.

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Sep 16, 2009 at 12:39:36 pm

hi Mikey,

That is correct. A big rethink of the text seq behavior from 3 to 4.
Many thanks for confirming this.

Return to posts index

Frank Philip
on Oct 5, 2009 at 1:18:09 pm

I'm missing the following:

Text-3D Move
Text-Basic
Text-Fade
Text-Glow
Text-Miscellaneous
Text-Move
Text-Zoom

I'm running FCS2 and Motion is at 3.0.2. Any ideas? I deleted the pref file and have also uninstalled and reinstalled Motion with updating to 3.0.2.

I understand that Motion 4 has condensed these in the Text Sequence behavior.

Thx,

Frank

http://www.greenirisstudios.com

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Oct 5, 2009 at 2:52:02 pm

I think you need to reinstall the content DVD for Motion not the program. See if reinstallinn Motion Content fixes the problem.

Return to posts index

Frank Philip
on Oct 5, 2009 at 3:00:59 pm

I'll try that. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Frank Philip
on Oct 5, 2009 at 3:10:28 pm

Zak, good news! Before reinstalling the Motion Content I checked the location of the content and while it was fine, I found that I also had it copied to another location already. I don't know why though, but it worked. It's all there now!

Thanks!

Frank

Return to posts index

Geoff Hug
on Mar 20, 2011 at 7:28:40 pm

Hi - I am having the same issue, running Motion 3.0.2 on OSX.4.11 and can't find the 3d Move behaviors. I don't see them in Users
Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]