FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving Replicated Shapes along a motion path

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morris Barrier
Moving Replicated Shapes along a motion path
on Sep 10, 2009 at 4:34:26 pm

I'd like to think I'm familiar with replication but here goes. I have an arrow that I've replicated about 12 times. I then created a bezier curve and so my arrows align the path. I want to create a motion path where they follow the curve like a train, etc. Offset parameter isn't really doing it for me because it doesn't give me the offset beginning/end in my replicator which would otherwise work for me I believe. I don't want write on either. There has to be an easy answer I just can't figure it out. Thanks!

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Moving Replicated Shapes along a motion path
on Sep 11, 2009 at 7:21:20 am

Have you tried using snap alignment to motion path behavior which is under behaviors/basic motion. See if this help. Try applying it to cell or the replicator.

Return to posts index

Tom Clarke
on Sep 11, 2009 at 7:30:33 am

Take your arrow layer, add the behavior Motion Path to it and create the bezier curve. After you create your curve path, add the behavior Snap Alignment to Motion so the point of the arrow follows the path. Then duplicate the Arrow layer and in the Timing panel offset the in point of the duplicate so it occurs later.

Return to posts index

Morris Barrier
on Sep 12, 2009 at 12:46:23 pm

Thanks all. Duplicating and offset worked just fine considering I only needed a few copies of the shape. Awesome. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]