FORUMS: list search recent posts

parameters change between workstations

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve A
parameters change between workstations
on Sep 8, 2009 at 2:33:14 pm

we are cutting a feature doc on two systems (mac pro and MBP) both running identical versions of FCS3 with motion 4, using motion mostly for moves on photos. currently using SL, but problem started with leopard.

We are finding that some motion clips when moved from one machine to another change parameters (like a zoom doesn't go as far as it did on the first system). This is NOT a monitor issue, it's clear within the motion interface that the numbers have changed.

Any suggestions about causes or fixes? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: parameters change between workstations
on Sep 8, 2009 at 5:20:12 pm

Try copying the preferences file from Motion from one machine to the other- could also be the graphics card.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Steve A
on Sep 8, 2009 at 6:21:12 pm

thanks, Noah. I noticed it happening on a high res photo(3576x3615)that motion warns is too large to be displayed at full res. Is there something happening at the render stage that would change the size of the final clip (it's as though the picture looks smaller after its rendered in the FC timeline).

We're doing the moves on photos in HD (1920x1080)because final film will be HD (for b'cast on HBO) but offline timeline is 720x480 since all live action was shot DV (anamorphic 16x9). Most graphics down convert fine and look normal on the timeline.

If the resolution tab in motion goes from full to half because the photo is big, would that change the size of the final image after inserting on timeline and rendering? if so, can you force it to stay at full if the graphic is large?

thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 8, 2009 at 9:46:02 pm

Yeah that's above Motion's limit and I suspect gets somehow into the GPU which is why it's not consistent from system to system. SO either you live with it or start with a smaller sized photo.

NOah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]