FORUMS: list search recent posts

Titles and more titles

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Holzapfel
Titles and more titles
on Sep 5, 2009 at 3:01:53 am

Hello Motion fans ( and FCP fans as well),
I have a dumb question. I am preparing to create a titles sequence for a civil war documentary I am working on. There are so many options for making titles, I am somewhat dumbfounded.

I can use FCP, the BorisFX plugins that ship with FCP, Motion, and even Adobe After Effects! (I am not counting LiveType). I am going to do some standard titles over black, and some titles over stills in the sequence, some standard rolling titles, and a short narrative with lines of text that fade in. I do not plan any fancy animation for the titles.

Would you have some suggestions as to a choice of software for title creation?

I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

eholz1

Return to posts index

Corey Petree
Re: Titles and more titles
on Sep 5, 2009 at 3:28:26 am

I've heard that the only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.

Any of the software you mentioned would work just fine, though something like AE might be overkill depending on exactly what you want to do. If you're cutting in FCP you already have what you need. You could try just creating the simplest titles in Final Cut, and if you want more pizzaz and control for any of them, create those particular titles in Motion and throw that onto your FCP timeline. It's very easy to make changes to them that way as well.

--
Corey Petree
http://www.petreemedia.com
(OT: check my user profile for a good guacamole recipe!)

Return to posts index

Eric Holzapfel
Re: Titles and more titles
on Sep 7, 2009 at 11:45:30 pm

Hello Corey,

Thanks for the information. Creative Cow forum is always a valuable tool, even for those "simple" tasks!

Thanks

eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]