FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video disappearing in Motion 4???

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike wavrecan
Video disappearing in Motion 4???
on Aug 27, 2009 at 11:24:02 pm

Hello,
I'm doing some bluescreen and matting in motion for a kids show. I'm working in Motion 4 and the clips are all DVCProHD 1080i60. I am using Primatte for the bluescreen.

Here's the problem...

I have a shot of a thought bubble as the base shot over my studio footage. Within that thought bubble I have shots of geese and then the puppet bluescreened in to fly with the geese. Sounds easy right? I thought so too until I got on to my third or forth scene, went back to check the first and the plate shot of the geese flying is now gone (leaving the thought bubble white with the puppet flying alone). I tried a few things to fix this and nothing worked. The shot of the geese is reversed horizontally so it was shot with them flying right to left but I have them flying left to right. When I change the shot from -40 to 40 on the X scale of the shot it reappears??? I have this on three or four other scenes and no problems. There wasn't a problem with this one either until I finished the third scene and went back to check???

Can someone please help me out? I've done alot of keyframing and really really don't want to redo it all.

Thanks in advance.

mike
http://www.maystreet.ca/problems/pic1.jpg
http://www.maystreet.ca/problems/pic2.jpg

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Video disappearing in Motion 4???
on Aug 28, 2009 at 11:24:02 am

Depends on how they were imported and in what format I'd suppose. Or maybe you've moved them in an FCP project?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Jody Leggio
on Aug 28, 2009 at 2:11:58 pm

I just came here looking for the solution to the same problem. I only have 4 layers and a camera move. Everything looked fine until I tried exporting. Mysteriously, a layer was missing in the final QT movie. I went back and it was there in the Motion project. Tried rendering again and again it was missing. Then, when I went back to the motion project, it was missing there too. Now, it's alternating between missing and there, but I can't get it to export with the layer visible. It's really bizarre.

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Aug 31, 2009 at 4:12:46 pm

This is a weird issue that seems to be cropping up in the FCP and Motion forums all over the planet, confirmed by some heavy hitters and major power users. Looks like a serious bug but I try not to make such claims any longer, relying instead on the results of superior testing procedures from bigger fish.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]