FORUMS: list search recent posts

animating a spline shape

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lou Petho
animating a spline shape
on Aug 25, 2009 at 10:39:58 pm

Hi,

I've created a spline shape inside motion and wish to animate it. I made a keyframe, changed position on the timeline, changed the spline shape and clicked a new keyframe ... but nothing happened. Could someone advise me on what to do.

Thanks in advance,

Lou

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: animating a spline shape
on Aug 25, 2009 at 11:03:00 pm

If you want to keyframe the actual shape you need to create a control point keyframe. This can be done by hitting F4 and clicking on the geometry tab. Then create a Control Points keyframe. If you want to move the position then create a position keyframe. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Lou Petho
on Aug 25, 2009 at 11:33:17 pm

Thanks Stephen,

I tired this too, and just did so again. I went into geometry, set a control point keyframe, more down the timeline changed shape and clicked a new control point keyframe. This also appears in the 'keyframe editor' with the separate keyframes; I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Best,

Lou

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Aug 26, 2009 at 2:18:14 am

With automatic keframing off you need to manually add the keyframes before changing the shape. Otherwise the last keyframe will have your changed shape, not the shape that you set that key for.

It might be better for you to turn on the automatic keyframing, then a new key will be made every time you change the shape.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Lou Petho
on Aug 26, 2009 at 8:35:03 am

Thanks heaps Arnie, it worked.

Best,

Lou

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>