FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing the Fill Color of a shape with keyframes....

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Morin
Changing the Fill Color of a shape with keyframes....
on Aug 25, 2009 at 8:02:14 am

I'm having quite a time trying to keyframe the color change of a shape in Motion. I want the object to gradually change to different colors over time and aside from using a filter, I've used the inspector;Shape;Style and Fill Color to try and keyframe the colors. The problem is it won't let me create a Keyframe history to change colors, but rather convert to the latter color throughout its entirety. I've successfully done this in FCP but Motion offers the Motion Path I want to use with the object. Any ideas why I'm having so much trouble?

Return to posts index

Andy Morin
Re: Changing the Fill Color of a shape with keyframes....
on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:46:35 pm

Ok so I figured that out due to the record button not being on, but now another trouble of it not letting me pick the exact colors I want. I also noticed the Blue of the RGB not available to keyframe....

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Changing the Fill Color of a shape with keyframes....
on Aug 25, 2009 at 3:18:41 pm

If you want the RGB value click on the color which will open a color pop up menu. If you can't see the color slider icon click on the button on the top right corner. Choose the Color Slider Icon and make sure it is set to RGB Sliders. There you can enter the RGB Value. You can change / animate the color by creating a Fill Color Key Frame. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]