FORUMS: list search recent posts

Background in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BigJay 33
Background in Motion
on Aug 12, 2009 at 6:00:56 pm

What is the best way to add a background to motion that takes up the whole screen? I can create a background in 2D but once I go to 3D, if I go up or down or side to side the background is gone. Thanks for any tips

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
Re: Background in Motion
on Aug 12, 2009 at 7:34:41 pm

Put the background in its own 2D group. The other groups can be 3D and it won't effect the 2D background.

"The deepest blues are black" - Foo Fighters
(this doesn't help me when I'm chroma keying!)

Return to posts index

BigJay 33
on Aug 13, 2009 at 12:55:56 am

Thank you for the reply. I tried that and it keeps the background stationary and will not allow me to do any camera behaviors to my 3D objects. I want to create a background like the Motion template "Splash" on Motion 4 where no matter what direction you point the camera, the background is the one that I created.

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
on Aug 13, 2009 at 5:48:33 pm

Your gfx elements need to be in separate "groups". Remember, groups and layers are different. Bottom group is your 2D background, top group(s) are your 3D elements. You need to designate the groups as 2D or 3D by checking the column in your Layers tab that says "Status", or in the Inspector's contextual "Group" tab where it says "Type" (why its status in one tab and type in another makes no sense, but that's what it is).

Return to posts index

BigJay 33
on Aug 13, 2009 at 6:30:50 pm

Thank you so much. Now I see what I was doing incorrectly. Thanks again Jason. I really appreciate it

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
on Aug 13, 2009 at 8:53:49 pm

No problem, happy to help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]