FORUMS: list search recent posts

text not maintaining format after save

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Watt
text not maintaining format after save
on Aug 5, 2009 at 3:45:40 pm

I'm doing a fairly simple motion menu with a reflective box and a movie playing in about a third of the frame and text down the left 2/3rds.

My work flow is to open a similar file, delete the text, replace the movie in the reflective or mirrored box, then I'm copying the text from a word file and pasting into the text box in motion.

I reformat the text to fit my space, change sizes to make it fit, then save as a new renamed file. When I open that file all the text appears to have lost it's format on the screen, though in the text box in the inspector it looks the way it should. In fact if I go into the inspector's text box and hit return at the return points I used before, everything jumps back into place.

I removed FCP with FCS remover and did a complete reinstall/updates and still have the problem. I've done many of these in previous programs with no problem.

Any idea what is going wrong?

thx...jw

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: text not maintaining format after save
on Aug 5, 2009 at 3:52:30 pm

Microsoft Word and Apple don't like each other. Copy the text from word and paste it into the TextEdit program. Re-copy it and paste it into Motion and it will maintain the paragraph breaks.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Jim Watt
on Aug 6, 2009 at 10:03:44 pm

I tried the text editor and have the same problem. It's not that I want to maintain the format that I have made in word or the text editor. I'm losing the formatting I make in Motion, which looks fine when I finish working on the file and save it, but then when i reopen the file the formatting is gone.

I thought maybe I had a corrupt file that i was inserting the text to, so I tried, actually on another project, doing a similar thing and ran into the same problem. Very puzzling. Also once I correct the formatting problem the second time it seems to stick???

thx...jw

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
on Aug 26, 2009 at 4:26:39 pm

Hi,

I've had similar issues with credit roll texts I was cutting and pasting from various formated text files.

I've narrowed it down to this: For a credit roll to keep its formating I have to copy the text from an rtf formated text and paste it into Motion. Then, whatever roundtrips with fcp and changes I do it seems to work.

Hope this helps,

Patrice

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]