FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to simulate a very basic talking mouth??

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Yarven
How to simulate a very basic talking mouth??
on Aug 5, 2009 at 7:37:08 am

I have several animations made from characters that are very southpark-like. Simple shapes, moving around.

But we have VO playing over them, and I need to create mouths for the characters that move in time with the VO.

I dont need realistic mouths, just something that gives the impression they are talking. I was wondering if there is some easy way to add a behaviour to a shape or something, then tweak that to the VO to mimic a mouth?

I dont exactly want to create mouth shapes, and have to keyframe everything, that would take eons.

Thanks for any expertise.

Return to posts index

Tony Yarven
Re: How to simulate a very basic talking mouth??
on Aug 5, 2009 at 7:38:00 am

Just to clarify, i meant is there some behaviour or trick, where when i turn keyframe it to be on, it will just move repetitively like a mouth, then when i keyframe it to be off, it just stays still. I dont need to sync mouth shapes to certain sounds in the VO, i just need basic up-down mouth movement.

Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Noah Kadner
on Aug 5, 2009 at 1:55:12 pm

Try the audio behaviors tied to say scale or something like that. Easily done, cheesy but easy.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Tony Yarven
on Aug 6, 2009 at 1:08:41 am

The audio behaviour thing worked exactly how i wanted for this, thanks so much.

Ill give the other methods a try for closeup shots of faces.

sweet

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Aug 6, 2009 at 6:26:43 pm

[Tony Yarven] "The audio behaviour thing worked exactly how i wanted for this, thanks so much. "

Oh, I thought your OP indicated audio sync wasn't appropriate.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Aug 5, 2009 at 6:36:02 pm

[Tony Yarven] "Just to clarify, i meant is there some behaviour or trick, where when i turn keyframe it to be on, it will just move repetitively like a mouth, then when i keyframe it to be off, it just stays still. I dont need to sync mouth shapes to certain sounds in the VO, i just need basic up-down mouth movement. "

All you really need is a movie of the predesigned and rendered mouth animation. You're going to make this into a loop. You're going to replace the face layer with a group called Face and part of the group will be your mouth movie so the mouth moves with the Face.
Making the loop start and stop could get tricky because applying time remapping keyframes to the movie might require some monstrous juggling.
You could have a static mouth shape under the mouth movie and turn the opacity of the movie on and off when you need or want the character speaking.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Tony Yarven
on Aug 6, 2009 at 12:50:25 am

thank you very much for your replies. I'll give all these a try.

Cheers,

TY

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]