FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom speed issues

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Wills
Custom speed issues
on Aug 3, 2009 at 2:41:10 am

Hello,

I'm quite new to Motion & I've been animating a lot of text in Motion 3 for a college project. Until recently everything like path motion tracking had worked perfectly, however last week I tried to customise the speed on some text & the text became motionless.

I figured out a quite useless personal workaround, which is if I create the motion path at the beginning of my project it works without a hitch, however either moving this to a later point in the project or creating a new motion path with the custom speed renders the text motionless.

When looking at the keyframe editor my custom speed keyframing path is visible, however when I play the project my custom speed numbers adjust accordingly although my transform position x numbers remain static (I'm just working with the basic motion - motion path at the moment).

I've tried both recording keyframes & adding them manually multiple times. I've also trashed my preferences.

Apologies for the long post but I've looked through this forum & couldn't really find anything relevant.

Thanks,

Xavier

PS I'm using the latest 20 inch iMac.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Custom speed issues
on Aug 3, 2009 at 5:14:54 am

Have you tried behaviors instead- that's Motion's strength, not keyframing.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Xavier Wills
Re: Custom speed issues
on Aug 3, 2009 at 12:16:18 pm

Thanks Noah, I think that will probably do the trick, although it's pretty frustrating that I can't use the custom speed option.

If anyone knows why my custom speed wont work, whether it's bug or I don't know something very basic about keyframing, please let me know.

Thanks again,

Xavier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]