FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turn one man into many??

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Yarven
Turn one man into many??
on Jul 31, 2009 at 1:52:10 am

Hi,

I am making a clip where we are illustrating an increase in human traffic flowing from a Metro Exit on the street. We want to show that when a new building is built in the area, lots more people will be using the exit, and it will cause overcrowding on the streets in rush hour.

Our original Idea was to simply film a timelapse of the morning rush hour as it currently is, then simply speed it up. But this doesnt seem like it will work, as we want to create a picture of things REALLY crowding up.

I was wondering if there is some way we could film just one person and duplicate them? or some other technique?

It doesnt have to be photo realistic, we can go for a stylized look.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Turn one man into many??
on Jul 31, 2009 at 2:23:30 am

Shoot the actor on greenscreen.
Key out the actor.
Apply the Replicator.

Try that.

Kevin Monahan
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Turn one man into many??
on Aug 5, 2009 at 6:45:31 pm

[Tony Yarven] "Our original Idea was to simply film a timelapse of the morning rush hour as it currently is, then simply speed it up. But this doesnt seem like it will work, as we want to create a picture of things REALLY crowding up.
"

Don't shoot timelapse and then speed it up, that's redundant. Shoot the scene in realtime and speed it up to simulate timelapse.

Kevin's idea is sound, a good place to start. The Replicated Man can rapidly populate your scene with hundreds of copies of the Man (and each can have a different or random start frame) but you're going to have to practice this effect carefully. I don't know what your street scene looks like but you will want, presumably, to maintain some illusion of depth and interaction with the environment. So your Men will need to pass behind walls, in front of obstacles, and turn corners. That ain't easy.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]