FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Timelines + Paste Attributes* (?)

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james aldred
Multiple Timelines + Paste Attributes* (?)
on Jul 29, 2009 at 7:59:06 am

Hi just a couple of questions regards Motion

1- are you restricted to one timeline per project or is it possible to have multiple timelines per project file like in Final Cut?

2- is it possible to copy-paste a set of attributes, i.e key-frame perspective and scale changes, from one photoshop layer to another? i've hit upon the desired 3d moves for a logo and strap-line but now wish to just replace the text over the logo with different words hence the copy-paste attributes question . .

if this is possible how would i go about selecting the desired graphic layer from the photoshop document and inserting it as a replacement for the previous, while keeping all the original keyframes/camera moves from the initial graphic-text layer?

i look forward to your suggestions! thanks .

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Multiple Timelines + Paste Attributes* (?)
on Jul 29, 2009 at 3:05:18 pm

1. You can have multiple projects open in Motion. Which I think is a really cool feature. You can drag stuff from one project to another.

2. Yes. If you have not made any changes to the order and how many layers you have in Photoshop just save the new file as the same name and it will just reconnect everything. If you are adding one more layer (text layer) then import that layer into photo shop and add it to the group of other layers. Another great way to move attributes is to select the layer with the attributes you want and select say the Rotation text in the Properties tab of the inspector. Drag it over to the other layer and it will take on the Rotation parameters. You can also just drag a new layer over the old one on the Project Pan, hover it over it until you get a hooked shaped arrow. Then let go and it swaps the old layer with the new one.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

james aldred
on Jul 29, 2009 at 4:41:26 pm

excellent. cheers stephen

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 29, 2009 at 5:56:55 pm

Very cool.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]