FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Keyframes*

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james aldred
Adding Keyframes*
on Jul 27, 2009 at 1:05:48 pm

Hi

I have my psd layers imported, and aiming to keyframe a title. my intention is to set an initial keyframe, then another at the end of the title (3-4 seconds or so) to give the impression that the text comes forward to the front of the screen as the viewer 'zooms through' and then behind/beyond the text as we see the next title appearing in the distance.

when i go to add a keyframe (object - add keyframe) the selection/option is not highlighted and i therefore not able to add keyframes.

any ideas how i can enable the 'add keyframe' option? cheers.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Adding Keyframes*
on Jul 27, 2009 at 2:55:04 pm

Have you tried the auto-keyframe record mode? Search it up in your manual. Also have you considered using a grow behavior instead? That's a lot easier to tweak than manual keyframes.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

james aldred
on Jul 27, 2009 at 3:28:08 pm

i'm hesitant to put a behavior on it as i need fractional control as the point of view hovers in out and around the text.

i'll check the books....

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 27, 2009 at 4:04:47 pm

The best way to add a key frame is to select the camera or object in Project Pane or Timeline. Hit F1 to open up the Properties tab and then Option click on the Parameter you wish to ad a keyfraeme to. Check out this tutorial I did on Creating a Hologram. I know that is not what you want to make but it covers adding keyframes, I think it will be very helpful. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

james aldred
on Jul 27, 2009 at 4:44:12 pm

thanks stephen - thats working great, cheers

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 27, 2009 at 5:16:24 pm

Awesome, I'm so happy to hear.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
on Jul 27, 2009 at 6:49:21 pm

Howdy,

The 'Add Keyframe' menu item is based on the last-adjusted parameter type, so if you haven't just tweaked a keyframeable parameter, the menu item is disabled. For example, if you drag an object into some position, you've now adjusted the Position parameter of the object, and the menu item will now say 'Add Position Keyframe'. It's not really supposed to be an all-purpose keyframing command, but it's handy when you change something and then want to set a keyframe hitting the keyboard combo.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]