FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Glassy" Background

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Crosby
"Glassy" Background
on Jul 25, 2009 at 9:54:52 pm

First post. Been hanging around for almost a year. Finally feel worthy to ask stupid questions.

Playing with Motion 4 I like the ability to make an element reflective. Simple click of the check box. What I don't get (not that its version 4 specific) is how to make a background (say a color solid) appear to be made of glass or otherwise demonstrate the illusion of being a reflective surface.

If this is purely a Photoshop thing thats fine, but I'd like to know/see demonstrated the effect done in Motion as it may make integration with a project easier. For example, going back to PS every time the project is tweaked to keep the illusion correct would be time consuming.

I know its a matter of "If I want it to work this way, it should", but butter to ask smarter users than myself.

Thanks for the time and response.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: "Glassy" Background
on Jul 26, 2009 at 5:56:10 pm

Can you post an example of what you mean? It's easy to play with filters, opacity and reflections to create millions of different looks. Specifically- what is it you want to do.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Mark Crosby
Re: "Glassy" Background
on Jul 26, 2009 at 10:21:41 pm

Hi, Noah. Thanks for the interest. I'll look to post an example, you are probably correct that there is a method, I just haven't figured it out.

While I don't have an example to post (I'll look for one, though) imagine the gloss of a hardwood floor right before an NBA game. You can see the painted lines and team logos through the gloss, but you just as easily see the gloss itself.

Does that make sense? I'm afraid I don't know the industry terminology.

Again, thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]