FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need a little hand-holding: Noise Industries Cover Flux in Apple Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Need a little hand-holding: Noise Industries Cover Flux in Apple Motion
on Jul 16, 2009 at 2:33:57 pm

I'm stuck because I'm not yet well-versed in Apple Motion, and I'm on deadline today. Using the awesome Noise Industries Cover Flux plug-in, but I hit a wall in using it. Can someone walk me thru this like I'm an idiot, please? Details"

I have the folder of images prepared and brought into a Motion project. I have navigated to my plug-in, dropped the icon onto the Motion canvas, and bam, my stills appear in the canvas view looking as they should when the plug-in is working. But they are just posed there, nothing moves. Lovely, but static. I get it that I need to keyframe each of the seven stills independently within the framework the plug-in has set up. It is at this point I am stuck. The help file that came with Cover Flux just says "keyframe them"... yeah, but HOW? I'm not seeing it....

In my timeline and keyframe view is just one track that says cover flux and one track called Group 1 for the pack of stills, but nowhere do I see how to expand or drill down into the Group One track to FIND those stills, much less manipulate their durations and speeds. They don't appear. I'm guessing I'm supposed to see seven tracks, one for each of the stills in the file folder of my images. I do not. I need a super-detailed walk-thru of what to do next, at about a fifth-grader level:-)

PLEASE, any help is greatly appreciated, and urgently needed. I've got to cut this spot today. I know this is going to look awesome and please my clients, if I can just get thru this part of the setup.

Help me, obi-Wan kenobi......

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Need a little hand-holding: Noise Industries Cover Flux in Apple Motion
on Jul 16, 2009 at 2:42:00 pm

Picture of my desktop for the last 36 hours

and

What next? HELLLLPPP!!!

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Jul 16, 2009 at 3:45:53 pm

Mark,

As described on the Noise Industries forum, now keyframe the image number.
This is described and illustrated in the PDF instructions.

Peter

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 16, 2009 at 4:01:19 pm

I'm thick, spell it out for me?

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Jul 16, 2009 at 4:10:15 pm

Mark,

I don't really know how to be more helpful. The supplied instructions include a link to a Motion project that shows exactly how to keyframe. I have also given you the page numbers of the documents that show graphics of exactly how your timeline should look.

There are people who would jump in and say RTFM if you don't know how to keyframe, but have you keyframed anything in Motion before or just used the red record button?

Peter

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 16, 2009 at 6:11:39 pm

I finally got it, thanks Peter. Not a question of RTFM if you R but don't grok what TFM is saying. But I finally got it, and the results look great.

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Jul 16, 2009 at 6:19:19 pm

Mark,

Fantastic, glad we got there in the end, enjoy the plugin!

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]