FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Transform Tool - Copying and Where Are Settings?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Crow
3D Transform Tool - Copying and Where Are Settings?
on Jul 15, 2009 at 4:20:27 pm

I have a couple of newbie questions regarding the use of the 3D transform tool located on the top toolbar.

1) Is it possible to copy the 3D transform settings from one project to another? I happen to have one project that has the look I am going for in a new project but I don't see a way to copy and paste those particular parameters

2) When you apply the 3D transform and tilt something in 3D space - where in the Inspector do those position values get recorded? It doesn't appear to be the properties tab transform/position. If I knew where they were I could at least jot them down and manually reenter them for a new project

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: 3D Transform Tool - Copying and Where Are Settings?
on Jul 15, 2009 at 5:01:35 pm

1) If you want to transfer all of the parameters (Properties, Behaviors, Filters…etc.) make a duplicate (select clip and hit the command & D keys) of your clip. Find your new clip in the File Browser and drag it over to your Project Pane or Timeline. Hover the curser over the clip and the curser arrow will turn into a curved/hocked shaped arrow. Drop the new clip on the old and it takes on all of the old clips parameters.

If you want to apply certain parameters such as position select it/them in the Inspector. Drag it over to the clip like you would in the example above. Hope this helps.

2)The Tilt would be the rotation. You may not see it. Click on the Rotation disclosure triangle and it will show all of the Rotation Parameters.

Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]