FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best quality render for titles

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Atticus Brady
Best quality render for titles
on Jul 10, 2009 at 5:35:19 pm

Hello,
I'm having trouble determining how to achieve the cleanest possible titles in Motion. I've created simple titles with a white background and black font in Motion, rendered them at the best quality, then brought them into FCP only to render them there and find that the text strobes a lot around the edges...even if I render to the ProRes codec. Any ideas how to get better results?
Atticus

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Best quality render for titles
on Jul 10, 2009 at 6:01:16 pm

In FCP, go to Sequence , Settings, Render Control. What is the Master Templates and Motion Projects info set to?

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Atticus Brady
on Jul 11, 2009 at 1:39:34 pm

Stephen,
The Motion and Master template settings are set to Best quality. That's what has me puzzled. Is it better to export Motion projects from Compressor, then bring it into FCP?

Also, while I have you here, I watched your Custom templates tutorial. Loved it, but when I took a crack at it the template (just two titles with crawl against a black background) couldn't be seen in the Viewer. I only get black, but I know the template is there because it's in the master template list.

Thanks so much for your help!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 13, 2009 at 1:18:26 pm

[Atticus] then brought them into FCP only to render them there and find that the text strobes a lot around the edges

Is your font a Serif font? The little serifs at the end of the font strokes can cause an interlacing issue. If that is the case you can add the flicker filter in FCP which will usually solve the problem.

As for the Custom Templates, are you saying the Thumb nail shows you the title but when you open it in FCP it is just black?

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Return to posts index

Atticus Brady
on Jul 13, 2009 at 5:51:04 pm

Thanks for the tip on flicker filter. I'll give it a shot. Yes, that's exactly what's happening with the template. When I look in Master Templates, and open the folder I created, the template shows up as a thumbnail, but when I insert it into the timeline and double-click it into the viewer, it just plays black. Very weird. Also, perhaps something to note: it's just a straight white font on a black background...the thumbnail plays the font and the animation of the font, but the black background isn't there, the background is the same color as the gray template window. Don't know if this matters, just a detail.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 14, 2009 at 12:22:52 am

Atticus,
That is very strange. I'm not sure why it is doing it.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Return to posts index

Atticus Brady
on Jul 22, 2009 at 3:28:03 pm

Turns out, the problem is not uncommon. Both Motion and FCP software had to be upgraded. The templates now work fine. The renders have improved significantly, though I have encountered another problem: There is one title I've created in which I have a name scaling up slowly over 8 seconds and several seconds in, a couple of the letters jump a bit. The jump only lasts a frame, but it's annoying as heck. I've tried doing the move a variety of different ways and have exported it into both FCP and as a stand-alone QT file, all at the best render quality and to really strong codecs, and the blip remains. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]