FORUMS: list search recent posts

2d text/logo to 3d? with what and how?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter Jeno
2d text/logo to 3d? with what and how?
on Jul 3, 2009 at 8:05:36 pm

I have a 2d graphic; logo w/text. (I will eventually be shooting a band in front of greenscreen, and want the logo to be behind them...but in 3d.)

How can I apply some kind of depth, mainly 'sides' to the presently 2d graphic?
Is there a tutorial on this? Could be in any app, motion, ae, fcp,...

Thanks!

Peter Jeno | Edit-Authoring-beginner Compositor

DVDit Pro HD, FCP, Ti 99/4a+Realistic Cassette storage drive

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: 2d text/logo to 3d? with what and how?
on Jul 4, 2009 at 2:28:16 pm

Yes,

http://idustrialrevolution.com/content/view/17/47/

Peter

Return to posts index

Jay Heymans
on Jul 4, 2009 at 5:13:48 pm

Hi Peter,

I've done a very similar project, also including a band... and also tried the link Peter Wiggens gave you and the result -in my case anyway - was useless. The 3D I got using that tutorial were too 'flat', not a bit dynamic and a test in the keyed footage gave it a 1980's look.
A friend gave me access to his setup and he had zaxwerks' ProAnimator running and that's an awesome app! (http://www.zaxwerks.com/proanimator/index.shtml). You can import layered .ai files and have a blast. The interface is odd when you start out but after a few hours you get the hang of it...

Just my 2 cents,

Jay

Return to posts index

peter Jeno
on Jul 4, 2009 at 7:36:14 pm

[Thanks Peter W. for your link.] But Jay, you nailed it. In fact I stumbled across Zaxworks months ago, and forgot all about it. (What had appealed to me was it's ability to deal with Illustrator layers independently.)

Totally saved me on this one, but I gotta hold off due to the price.
Thanks guys. :)

Peter Jeno | Edit-Authoring-beginner Compositor

DVDit Pro HD, FCP, Ti 99/4a+Realistic Cassette storage drive

Return to posts index

Jay Heymans
on Jul 4, 2009 at 8:08:23 pm

I know ProAnimator is a tad expensive if you only need a just one or two times (If you do buy it you'll probably use it a whole lot more). I'm not sure what exactly you want to do with that logo, but I don't mind rendering it in 3D for you in ProAnmimator.

Jay

Return to posts index

John Mitchell
on Jul 13, 2009 at 8:15:13 am

I've used BorisRED for this before (logo needs to be vector, but then it would for ProAnimator as well). I think Zaxwerks may give superior lighting and material interaction as well as some handy presets.

RED's expensive as well but a lot of folks already have it, as either the original or AvidFX (which is just band labelled version of RED as a plug in and standalone) which comes with Avid.

You should also check out this link

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/energetic_titles/

for a dummy 3D effect in AE - still a bit flat but might work for you and it's free :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]