FORUMS: list search recent posts

Key Framing Issue

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dowd
Key Framing Issue
on Jun 29, 2009 at 2:42:58 pm

I am animating elements in motion and having a problem with keyframes.
I am manually adding key frames to control the precise movement. First I select the object then go to the properties tab and Option click the property I want to add a key frame to. But in the time line the key frame is added a frame to the right of where I want it to be. Then when I try to move the key frame on the time line (or move my cue to the place where the key frame is) motion keeps me from changing the object.
[This is hard to explain] Hads any one had this issue?
Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Mark Dowd
Re: Key Framing Issue
on Jun 29, 2009 at 3:34:26 pm

I am animating elements in motion and I run in to this problem:
When I try to create a key frame in the properties tab the key frame is added a frame or more to the right in the time line. When I try to move the key frame [on the time line] to the position I want and then try to modify the element it allows me to modify the element but the key frame properties are not changed.
(I am trying to explain this the best way I can)

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
Re: Key Framing Issue
on Jun 30, 2009 at 2:34:59 am

Howdy,

While you can always manually add keyframes from the little animation menus in the Inspector, if you're on a frame that doesn't already have a keyframe, you'll need to turn on Record (the red button to the left of the Play button). This tells Motion to set keyframes for anything you change while Record is active.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]