FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 3 export options

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
Motion 3 export options
on Jun 26, 2009 at 7:00:57 pm

I just finished a project in Motion and I noticed a slew of export options (codecs) that were available. I tried to find the answer to my question in the manual but didn't really give me what I wanted so I am asking here.

My settings are set to DV NTSC in the Preferences but upon export I noticed I could have selected Uncompressed 10-bit or Apple Prores 422 Movie or DV NTSC Movie as an option.

What is the difference with each of those? Is the Apple ProRes only for working in HD? When would I want to use the Uncompressed 10-bit option? The DV NTSC should be self explanatory. I just want to have my work look the best it can coming out of Motion as would anyone for that matter!

Thanks!

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Motion 3 export options
on Jun 29, 2009 at 5:54:23 pm

I don't mean to sidestep the question but if you put some of those terms into google, you will eventually find a site that has a matrix of Apple and Quicktime codecs and for what they're used.

Generally, it doesn't do any good to export at a higher resolution or greater bit depth than the original items in the project or more than your end user's needs.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]