FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Crosshairs

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Fantina
Motion Crosshairs
on Jun 25, 2009 at 10:48:19 pm

When I try to 'Analyze Motion' the little yellow crosshairs do not appear. The Analyze Motion tab appears in the behaviors box but I can't do anything because the crosshairs aren't their so I can't select a part of the image to track.
Has anybody had this problem before? How can I correct this?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Motion Crosshairs
on Jun 27, 2009 at 7:53:05 am

Make sure your overlays are on. The shortcut for that is CMD+/. You can also get to it by clicking the view button on the upper right of the viewer.

Andy

Return to posts index

Travis Fantina
on Jul 31, 2009 at 2:55:57 am

Just today I reinstalled motion it still no luck.

Return to posts index

Kurt Waddington
on Sep 22, 2009 at 1:33:12 am

Hi Travis,

Just wondering if you ever found the problem. I am having the same problem with Motion 4. Most layers or groups won't even take the Analyze Motion behaviour. Just separate video layers will. When I apply the Match Move behaviour to a text layer the tracker is not visible at all and yes all my view items are turned on.

Anyone have info on this?

Thanks

Kurt

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Sep 22, 2009 at 2:07:29 am

You have to understand how the Analyze Behavior works. It is meant to analyze the pixels in a video layer. It will not work on text objects, or shapes, or groups. In fact you don't need it to work on those layers.

If you're trying to pin a text object to a video element then here is how you do it. Apply the analyze motion behavior to the video bkg element. Attach the tracker and analyze the motion. Apply the Match Move behavior to the text object. Drag the Analyze Motion behavior into the source well of the Match Move behavior.

Andy

Return to posts index

Kurt Waddington
on Sep 22, 2009 at 5:23:41 pm

Thanks Andy.

I guess I should give more details of exactly what I'm trying to do. I have a map from Photoshop that I put over a black floor object in Motion and with properties rotate to the vertical around Z. I have it reflecting into the floor plane. I then applied a Camera to the two grouped objects to dolly in to a specific point. At this point many layers of roads Write on to the map.

What I'd like to do is create place names that are locked to a point on the map as it rotates and is zoomed in through the dolly move of the Camera. I was hoping to have the text objects stay horizontal through the move and possibly scale.

Now I thought I could Analyze a spot on the map group and then apply a Match Move to the Text layer pinning it as you suggested.

Is there a way to do this? Do I need to export out the map move and re-import it as a video clip?

Seems to me a cumbersome work around. I would have thought that Motion could decipher the pixel moves even in a group.

Thanks
Kurt

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 22, 2009 at 8:43:41 pm

Don't move the map and the text and they will always stay lined up with no need to motion track them together. Create all of the map movement with a camera.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the Graphics Demo Reel I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]