FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion tracking bugs?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Montteiro
Motion tracking bugs?
on Jun 25, 2009 at 9:36:17 pm

Hi I am trying to stabilize a moving video image to key over another moving image. Both shots are hand held underwater shots. The top layer is a shot of a girl pulling a spear out of a log. The bottom layer is a shot of a whale swimming by. I want the finished result to look like she is pulling the spear out of the whale. So I Motion Stabilized the top layer and added a tracker at the precise point where the spear entered the log and hit Analyze. Motion tracked the point perfectly but when I played it back the tracker point still drifts up and down over the background image. Am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Motion tracking bugs?
on Jun 29, 2009 at 5:57:35 pm

Have you ever successfully used Motion Tracking before?
the most common failure is in realizing the tracking data must be applied to another layer. If the whale's layer ends up moving around quite a bit, you will see the edges of the frame.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

George Montteiro
on Jun 29, 2009 at 11:03:27 pm

Thanks,
Yes I have although I am more familiar with AE. I was trying to motion stabilize my top layer which is a girl pulling on a spear attached to the back of a blue object underwater which I was able to key out. I used the spear tip as my stabilization tracking point and set the tracker to Horizontal and Vertical tracking and ran the analyze function. the tracker stayed with the tip of the spear but when I played the layer back the spear point was still not locking to a single point on the screen it was drifting a bit. I want to be able to lock that spear tip to the fin of a moving whale using the Match Move function. I wound up trying to do it frame by frame manually but I am not happy with the results. Any suggestions.

Here is my end result at present but I am not happy with it. The masking is off as well but I can fix that.

http://www.sea-cam.com?Video/spearpull.mov

Return to posts index

George Monteiro
on Jun 30, 2009 at 12:35:47 am

Sorry I posted the wrong link.

http://www.sea-cam.com/Video/spearpull.mov

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]