FORUMS: list search recent posts

Identical rotations not acting the same

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Twite
Identical rotations not acting the same
on Jun 22, 2009 at 6:40:44 pm

Having a little issue working with the rotation parameter under the Transform tab.

I have the front and back wheel of a forklift each key framed to rotate from zero to -850 degrees across 5 seconds. The back wheel looks to ease in/ease out of the action while the front is a hard start and stop. I've gone over every parameter several times and cannot find any differences in the two. I know there's a "Spin" behavior, but was unable to get equal and desired results.

Is there an Ease In/Ease Out function I'm looking past here or another parameter problem causing this issue? It's a simple rotate of two different layers from photoshop, not 3D, nothing crazy.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Identical rotations not acting the same
on Jun 22, 2009 at 7:40:30 pm

[Jason] Is there an Ease In/Ease Out function I'm looking past here or another parameter problem causing this issue? It's a simple rotate of two different layers from photoshop, not 3D, nothing crazy.

Select your clips with the Rotation. Hit the Command a 8 keys to open up the keyframe editor. Select the keyframes and then right click on one. Choose Bezier. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Jason Twite
on Jun 22, 2009 at 7:47:11 pm

I absolutely knew it was going to be something easy/stupid like that! Back tire was set to bezier, front was linear.

thanks!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 22, 2009 at 8:10:59 pm

Happy to help.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved