Strange Interlacing

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Winston A. Cely
Strange Interlacing
on Jun 16, 2009 at 12:56:17 pm

I've run into a bit of a snag here. In Motion 3 I've got this title set up:

When I place the Motion 3 file over my video in FCP, it looks like this:

These are stationary titles, no movement, no behaviors and as you can see in the next pic, on even, whole numbers.

Any idea what might be causing this?

I'm placing I've set this up for SD Broadcast, and the Motion files are being placed into a DV50 timeline.

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

"If you can talk brilliantly enough about a subject, you can create the consoling allusion it has been mastered." - Stanley Kubrick

Return to posts index

Bill Nelson
Re: Strange Interlacing
on Jun 17, 2009 at 1:23:22 am

May be just that. Make sure you're exporting the proper field order, and that your imports to FCP are also set to lower field first.

That's a start, anyway...

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Jun 17, 2009 at 12:07:07 pm

Thanks. I checked, but everything is setup properly. Although I would think all the text would do this weirdness, not just the two phrases "triple offer" and "money back guarantee."

Side note, if I render everything in FCP, the artifacting goes away everywhere except in one place for exactly one frame.

Winston A. Cely

"If you can talk brilliantly enough about a subject, you can create the consoling allusion it has been mastered." - Stanley Kubrick

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Jun 18, 2009 at 8:17:36 pm

So I figured out that it was only happening to text that was center justified. The text that I had justified to the left (default) does not encounter this problem. Wow, what a completely annoying bug to encounter! Guess if I want things center justified, I'm going to have to use Sequence Text from now on. Gosh, that's a pain in the butt.

Winston A. Cely

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]