FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extra black at the end of my video

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Cerdeiros
Extra black at the end of my video
on Jun 11, 2009 at 6:53:55 pm

Hi All! I have successfully made the merge from sony vegas to Final cut pro. Im a subscriber of lynda.com and have watched the entire 10 hour tutorial on FCP. ive looked all over this board and google for the answer to my question but cant find anything. I'm Rendering one of my daily shows and seem to have 3 min of black space after my set out point when i render to a quicktime video. you can see an example here:

Now i have no footage what so ever after my outpoint and i did 2 test videos and had no issue. When i did the real video of course i had the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time. my AIM/Yahoo screen name is "mikecerdeiros" if this is easier. Thank you!!!

Return to posts index

Ariane Fisher
Re: Extra black at the end of my video
on Jun 12, 2009 at 7:16:23 pm

Two things.

First, are you exporting from FCP or Motion? This is the Motion forum.

Second, assuming you are exporting from Motion, although that would be a very long segment in Motion, did you click the "use play range" option at the bottom of the export dropdown menu?

If you are using FCP, did you set an out point in your timeline at the end of the sequence? I've had your exact experience before. It was because I had something way out on the timeline that I had forgotten about. It's a good habit to set the outpoint at the end of the sequence (or where you believe it to be), then click on the sequence in the browser and export to compressor that way.

A quick way to check if you have some hidden slug way off in the timeline is to hit shift-z in the timeline, which will enable you to see the whole thing at once.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]