FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creepy Reveal of organic branches / Vines

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Evans
Creepy Reveal of organic branches / Vines
on Jun 11, 2009 at 2:26:32 am

I see this kind of effect all the time but have no idea how to acheive it in Motion...

I have a Pot on a table in a video, andafter a little flash of electricity i want oranganic looking creepy things to start to grow and twist and writhe out of the pot upwards and sideways and all over.

Is it best to have the whole creepy organic Vine-thing made first, then do some sort of a reveal bu animating a mask or something? How the heck do I do this?

OR, is it better to actually animate something from zero to full-blown... i.e. animate the actual growth of the organic vine-thing? Also, how the heck do I do this???

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks very much for any tips.

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Creepy Reveal of organic branches / Vines
on Jun 12, 2009 at 7:28:03 pm

Pretty advanced stuff.
Look in the Content folder's Flora folder.
Drop any of the animated doodads into a project and start dissecting the elements. You will quickly see that particles and replicators are used extensively and with esoteric behavior settings. To go from organic to creepy, you need to master the ramps used to control replicators.

If you scan the After Effects tutorials, you will find a few helpful suggestions but AE uses a slightly different approach so you will need to adapt the techniques.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Josh Evans
Re: Creepy Reveal of organic branches / Vines
on Jun 15, 2009 at 4:26:07 am

Thanks.

Ok if its advanced i might get someones help because im only just entering the beginner intermediate stage of motion 3.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]