FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 'back side' effect

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Nelson
Motion 'back side' effect
on Jun 10, 2009 at 1:07:18 am

Greetings all... looking to create a 'back side' effect where our good viewers are able to see the other side of a scene. I'm setting up a typical scene with supers, etc. floating a little (like 20) in front of the 0 degrees Z depth of the video. At a certain point, my camera will swing around to the back side where I've placed the other scene. So far when I swing the camera around, I still see the supers on the opposite side right thru the video!

I'd appreciate any suggestions with regard to setting up this :30 spot and getting this to go...

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion 'back side' effect
on Jun 10, 2009 at 2:40:36 pm

Make the unwanted graphics Z distance higher then zero. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Bill Nelson
on Jun 10, 2009 at 4:27:08 pm

Not sure I follow... the graphics ARE in front of the video in Z space, as mentioned in my 1st post:

"floating a little (like 20) in front of the 0 degrees Z depth of the video"

As I move my camera around, the graphics mentioned do float in front of the video, residing at 0.0.0 in space.

Is that what you mean? When I rotate all the way around, I see the backside of the video, and the graphics floating on the other side of the video. Video channel is at 100% so I assumed that it would block out the graphics on the other side.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 10, 2009 at 4:34:34 pm

So, you want to create something like this right?

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
on Jun 11, 2009 at 5:29:24 am

Howdy,

Something is probably forcing some of your elements to get comped in layer order, rather than depth order. This depends on the grouping of your elements, whether they have certain filters applied, blend modes, etc. If you can post the project file or a screenshot of your Layers List view, it's likely that all will be revealed.

Return to posts index

Bill Nelson
on Jun 17, 2009 at 1:33:22 am

Here's a peek at what I'm up to. Clever :30 sec spot. I want to roll six seconds of the front view, with supers, logos floating in front. I swoop around with the camera to reveal the back of the video, with a duplicate of the front pasted to it, continuing to deliver the riveting message. Those supers, logos, etc. are floating in front (back?) of this image as well, then at the close the camera swoops back around for the tag. One can see in the screen capture the see-through reverse supers behind (in front of?) the video.

No comments on the concept please. (just kidding). Thanks for your interest!

Return to posts index

Bill Nelson
on Jul 20, 2009 at 11:19:53 pm

Thanks for the posts, folks. I appreciate the help!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 20, 2009 at 11:30:24 pm

Sorry, I didn't see your description post. Did you get the problem resolved?

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]