FORUMS: list search recent posts

A couple of questions about motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pedro casais
A couple of questions about motion
on Jun 7, 2009 at 8:38:48 pm

I notice that this forum is not as busy as FCP where you almost get the answer before you post your question, so if anybody has any advice where to look for free motion tutorials on the web, I'll be thankful to get the info.

Here is what I am trying to figure out:

-swap photos in your timing sequence just by dragging them. From a photo series such as 1-2-3 to 1-3-2. Right now if I drag 3 to swap it with 2, it overwrites 2 and I end up with 1-3 ( 2 is gone)

-insert more than one photo to the timing seq. When I try to insert 4 photos in a sequential order, I notice that only does 2, in my case the last 2, is that the limit?

-is there a keyboard shortcut to zoom in and out of the timing seq?

-is your mark in and out on a specific section of the timing seq, can you lift just that section, delete it?

Thanks,
PC

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: A couple of questions about motion
on Jun 8, 2009 at 4:51:53 pm

As far as free motion tutorials, there are a couple of places you can look:

Timesaver Tutorials

Applemotion.net

Embryo

Also Creative Cow and the Apple website feature Motion tutorials as well.

The rest of your questions seem to stem around working with the timeline. I would strongly suggest that you avoid the timeline as much as possible. Though useful, it is not a sequence like FCP. Motion's timeline doesn't behave the same way as FCPs timeline.

If you are swaping the order that clips play in Motion, you merely have to drag the clip in its own layer until it's at the same point as the clip you're swapping it with. Hold shift to ensure snapping. Then drag the swapped clip in it's own layer to the position formerly occupied by the previous clip. Motion only allows one clip per layer. Unlike FCP you cannot have multiple clips on the same layer.

Inserting sequential photos: Go into your preferences and indicate a length for still photos (say, 5 seconds). Then select all your photos in the File Browser and drag either into the timeline, or the mini-timeline. Wait to release the mouse. After a moment, an overlay will pop-up asking if you want the clips to enter in composite (on top of each other) or sequential (after each other) mode. Choose sequential.

Timeline keyboard shortcut for zooming in/out. I'm not aware of one. I wish there was.

The IN/OUT on the timeline refers to the play area or work area if you prefer. It has no bearing for inserting or deleting clips.

To delete a clip/clips from the timeline, simply select the clips, lasso the clips, or select the layers that the clips reside in and delete.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]