<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stu aull
Motion is G-l-a-c-i-a-l :(
on Jun 2, 2009 at 9:11:29 pm

FCP 6.0.5
OS 10.5.6 Leopard
G5 Tower 2Ghz Dual/9800 ATI card
6Gigs Ram

Modest (?) Motion projects(1min, 30) moving SD 8-bit video clip with various moving panes of 2-3 photos (all under 1Mb). Motion works fine when projects opened, but within 1/2 hr bogs to point that ANY command (eg move cursor along time line, mark key frame, etc) can take 30-40+ sec before program reacts!!
All other programs closed, tho occasional jumps to FCP or PShop (but quit these after use). RAM previews deleted. Have set Motion displays to low res, shut off motion blur, etc. etc. but no joy!

Once Upon A Time you could dedicate RAM to a program, but I can't find this feature, assume this is all automatic now.
Any thoughts on how i can speed this up?? Right now the only temporary "cure" is shut down CPU and restart ... again, and again, and...
:(
Thanks
Stu Aull
Alaska

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
Re: Motion is G-l-a-c-i-a-l :(
on Jun 3, 2009 at 1:33:45 pm

Run all updates. Run Disk Warrior if you have it (or something comparable). Clear desktop of clutter (eats RAM). Flatten groups into Quicktimes (if no alterations are needed - or alter/replace later). Make invisible all groups/layers, filters, behaviors, that you can live w/out seeing while working. Draft quality and 1/4 view til end of proj. Set play range to 10 sec at a time (or thereabouts) on only the portion of the project you are working on. Save often. Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]