FORUMS: list search recent posts

Learning Motion. Options?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Smith
Learning Motion. Options?
on May 24, 2009 at 1:58:53 pm

Hey folks, first time poster here. :)

I love the look of Apple Motion, and the templates so far have been fantastic as a start for some of my projects, but I'd really love to learn the program from the ground up. I did this with Final Cut Pro and the Apple Certified Training Textbook, which was fantastic. But the cost was restrictive...

Can anyone recommend some publications to learn the program through and through for a decent price?

I have looked through the tutorials here at the Cow, but I'd love to get something simple as a start.

Thanks guys,

Nick

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Learning Motion. Options?
on May 24, 2009 at 4:11:11 pm

I.e. free? Well there are lots of decent tutorials on Youtube. I kinda taught myself Motion just using it...

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on May 24, 2009 at 6:42:48 pm

[Nick Smith] "I did this with Final Cut Pro and the Apple Certified Training Textbook, which was fantastic. But the cost was restrictive..."

If the cost of a $40 book is restrictive, how do you plan to buy hard drives, stock music & footage, tape stock, or even lunch, for that matter?

There are a lot of free tutorials online at applemotion.net. And there are some tutorials on your FC Studio install disks.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Brad Jordan
on May 25, 2009 at 3:36:41 pm

MacProVideo tutorials. They cost money, but I believe the time saved is worth it. Free? It's tough to find "free" unless you are looking for inspiration which is usually what I do before creating a project.

MacProVideo dot com. I'm not affiliated with them, but love their tutorials.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on May 25, 2009 at 4:14:39 pm

The Apple Certification books published by Peachpit are really the best way to go other then a class.

40-50 bucks for those books is really not a bad deal at all, in fact it is quite a deal considering they come with a DVD that contains project files and media assets to work with.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on May 25, 2009 at 10:35:58 pm

[Zane Barker] "40-50 bucks for those books is really not a bad deal at all, in fact it is quite a deal considering they come with a DVD that contains project files and media assets to work with. "

That's right. You should think of it as an investment. You've presumably invested $1200 in FC Studio, and maybe another couple of grand in a Mac, spending $40-50 now to learn how to use that previous investment is nothing.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on May 26, 2009 at 5:12:12 pm

I used the Apple Certified book, and though there are small things missing here and there, it increased my productivity - and therefore my quality - by a substantial amount.

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

"If you can talk brilliantly enough about a subject, you can create the consoling allusion it has been mastered." - Stanley Kubrick

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
on May 29, 2009 at 2:22:12 pm

Definitely use the book, it comes with exercise files on DVD.

Lynda.com is also an investment worth considering. Its not free, but it "pays" off if you use it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]